THE best cupcake frosting


Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts. They are a perfect sized treat and you can make them super seasonally cute so easily with cupcake liners, colored frosting, candies, sprinkles, you name it. Check out these thanksgiving cupcakes from this weekend! Depending on how much time I have I will make the actual cupcakes from scratch or from a cake mix. The frosting is what really matters here people!

#1 Cupcake Frosting
1 batch can frost 12-16 cupcakes depending on how tall you make your frosting

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup butter
4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp coconut extract 
1 tsp stabilizer
2-4 Tbsp milk --> to make frosting a little smoother

*I like the margarine and butter slightly colder than room temperature. I whip all the ingredients together in my bosch for ~5 minutes, which usually softens up the butter and margarine quite a bit, and you don't want melty frosting!

*The coconut extract is the secret ingredient. I promise it doesn't make the frosting taste like coconut, just gives it a little something special. 

*The stabilizer helps the frosting keep its shape once you've swirled it onto the cupcake. I like Wilton Meringue Powder, I get it at Michael's :)

Tools
You can find all of these at Michael's

Wilton 1M Star Tip


I bought the one on the right, the large tip coupler. It is what attaches your 1M star tip to the bag

I like the big bags because you can put a LOT of frosting in there and you don't have to keep filling up the bag. I actually wash and reuse mine as well, to cut costs :)







1 comment:

  1. Ummmm...
    A) these look delicious and I will be making them ASAP!
    B) you look fab and
    C) this blog is the greatest idea ever! I finally feel like I can finally become a little more like you with these inspirational tips!! ;) I need all the crafty help I can get!

    ReplyDelete